Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's the best way to cut acrylic?

I have a clear view acrylic aquarium. There are only two narrow openings on the top and I need to cut out a section between them so I can put some large decorations in the aquarium. Should I use a skill saw? Or a jigsaw? Or a reciprocating saw? Or what?What's the best way to cut acrylic?
A band saw, a jig saw, or even a reciprocating saw. Just make sure you have the correct blade to cut acrylic.What's the best way to cut acrylic?
My brother has cut acrylic for my aquarium and used a skill saw for major cuts and a sabre saw for trimming and narrow cuts. A reciprocating saw will just chew it up.
A saw most any type will work fine but I would put painters tape on each side where you are cutting.It will keep it from chipping %26amp; splitting.
i think a skill saw

No comments:

Post a Comment