Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is acrylic paint okay to use for baby foot print?

my son is 4 weeks old and i got some acrylic, water based paint to do a foot print, is this okay for babies skin?Is acrylic paint okay to use for baby foot print?
UM no.. it has too many corrosive chemicals in it .. I wouldn't want it on my skin, and I am not a baby... try a safer Oil BaseIs acrylic paint okay to use for baby foot print?
What sort of acrylic paint? If it is the art sort it should be okay as they are often used by children. We use acrylic paints with our kids in the classroom from a very early age. Just check that the label says non-toxic and be careful to only put the babies footprint in and wash it straight after. I did this with my niece for my sister when she was a little one. We used all sorts of bright colours and it is still stuck on the fridge 10 years later. It looks gorgeous and is a treasured keepsake.
I am a crafter myself. And a mom. Regular acrylic paint is not going to hurt. But do it quickly and wash it off with a little soap and water.





Even better, if you look you can find a little at home id kit, that has a skin safe ink. My mother found one when I had my last daughter. Look in the baby section or the craft section at the stores.





If nothing else the paint will be fine, but like I said just work quickly and wash off well.
There are non-toxic ink pads that you can use for this. Do not use Oil base paints, they can't be removed without toxic paint removers. Water based paints should be okay, but I would never just assume. Ask your doctor to be sure.
I wouldn't do that. Just in case. They sell ink pads that are safe for babies and paint too. Look for one of those. Good luck! =]
You could try acrylic paint that they use in early childcare centres - that must be safe as half the kids eat it! lol





We used ink for our son and it was a nightmare to clean up - there was ink everywhere!
I wouldn't use it. Try a non-toxic inkpad instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment