Thursday, February 11, 2010

My acrylic drawers in my fridge don't slide easily - what's a good lubricant?

My new refrigerator has acrylic drawers that slide on plastic rails to open. They don't slide very easily and I need to lubricate them with something that's safe for food/kitchen application and also won't hurt the acrylic. ThanksMy acrylic drawers in my fridge don't slide easily - what's a good lubricant?
A good cooking oil spray like PAM should do the trick.My acrylic drawers in my fridge don't slide easily - what's a good lubricant?
I wouldn't use anything that would contaminate food (WD 40 or other petroleum products for example).





Paraffin or candlewax are both good choices (Candlewax works great on sticky zippers).
talcum powder is good,paraffin sticks also, oils may run and stain surroundings
how about cleaning them then take some wax paper and rub it on the drawers.
Try WD 40
I'd try a thin film of Crisco shortening
wax

No comments:

Post a Comment