Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I get a stain of acrylic paint out of material?

I bought acrylic paints yesterday, I put them on the back seat of my car, and yes, one of the tins opened and it went over my car seat. I have tried a few things to get it out, no joy....can anyone help...thanksHow can I get a stain of acrylic paint out of material?
It it has dried you have no hope really, they are used as fabric paints.





If it is still wet or perhaps even just tacky then you might have a chance, a case of scrubbing with a small brush and neat washing up liquid. Although acrylic paint is water soluble once it starts drying it behaves more like an oil based paint, neat washing up liquid breaks down wet oil based paints pretty well while still remaining fully washable.How can I get a stain of acrylic paint out of material?
I'd try Resolve, if you can. That's the best stain remover (IMO) and may get it out. I got some paint on my shirt in art class (it was acrylic too) and I used Resolve and it got the stain out even before I put the shirt in the wash. You have to spray a lot on it though and let it sit for a while before you scrub.
Denatured Alcohol. It will break down acrylic paint. You can get it at any hardware store. If the paint is already dry, it's going to take a lot of alcohol, and a lot of work. I'd spot test somewhere on your seat first. It may take the color out of your seat as well. Good luck!
When once it's dry, you can't; it's permanent.
I have found that Spray N Wash gets out paint and other things that nothing else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment