Thursday, February 11, 2010

Remove acrylic paint from clothing?

Are there any products or special techniques you can use to remove acrylic paint from fabric? I got paint on my cotton T-shirt today and have been at it all night trying to peel it off with a knife. It's not working too well.


Anything is welcome. Thanks!Remove acrylic paint from clothing?
you can try GooGone, but good luck.... usually when i get it on me its on there for good.Remove acrylic paint from clothing?
If you can't get to soap and water right away, your best bet is to let the paint dry without disturbing it. This will prevent the paint from being pushed deeper into the fabric. When you can finally get to it, stretch the fabric over a hard object, like a wood block, and soak it in a 50/50 mixture of hot water and household ammonia. This will soften the acrylic somewhat and should allow you to scrub it out with a nylon fingernail brush if you scrub the heck out of it, so long as the paint is not deep in the material.
McCall,


I learned many years ago that paint just does not come out of clothing. I have tried everything that has hit the market to save the clothes I have gotten paint of all sorts on, but to no avail. Even the specialty products. So I devised a better method to save them. I paint over, or add to, the accidental paint with a deliberate design. I have added all sorts of trims, sequins, rhinestones, leather laces, etc., etc., etc. Everyone thinks I'm just creative (which I am) and the only people who know are the ones I tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment