Thursday, February 11, 2010

Painting over nicotine stains? Should i use a oil-based primer or will a acrylic (latex) undercoat suffice?

I will be washing the walls and ceiling down with sugar soap (which should, in theory, remove the stains.





The walls are a combination of wallpapered (which I will be stripping and painting over) and painted with acrylic paint.





Am really looking for an inexpensive, but effective way to fix - I am selling up, so don't want to waste too much $$Painting over nicotine stains? Should i use a oil-based primer or will a acrylic (latex) undercoat suffice?
Kilz is supposed to cover these kinds of stains. Walmart has this and a less expensive brand whose name I don't remember. I have used the Kilz as a ceiling paint which covered the smoke stains. It can be used for your primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment