Thursday, February 11, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of using acrylic in their mouth?

My friend chipped her tooth and has been filling it in with nail acrylic. To me this doesn't seem safe but she claims she's been doing this for almost a year.Has anyone ever heard of using acrylic in their mouth?
I don't know what chemicals are in the nail acrylics so I can't say if it's safe or not.





What I do know is that it will not stay very well. Tell her to go to a dentist.





Composite dental fillings stay on the tooth much better because the tooth surface is etched first for better bond strength. It's much more durable, better-sealing, and better-looking than nail acrylics.Has anyone ever heard of using acrylic in their mouth?
If she's been doing this for a year it's possible her chip has some decay. A dentist can fill the chip so the edges are smooth and flush with the rest of her tooth. That way there is not a risk of decay getting under her ';home job';.

No comments:

Post a Comment